MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
The BDA represents all 14 major UK brick manufacturers, 3 of which are PLCs. Between them, our members deliver 2 billion clay bricks per year, supplying the construction market and contributing significantly to the success of the UK economy. Alongside technical expertise, the BDA’s primary function is marketing and communications. From hosting industry-leading events, to crafting our message through national press, maintaining brick’s role as the building material of choice is a demanding but rewarding responsibility.
We’ve created a new role and are looking for someone pragmatic with a keen interest in marketing and communications to join our team and contribute to our ambitious plans for 2018 and beyond.
Purpose of role
To support the Marketing & Communications Manager in the delivery of an annual tactical plan, the target markets of which are: developers; architects; planners; and technical professionals.
This is a general marketing and communications role, which will evolve as the BDA’s prominence grows and our delivery models develop. The role will be involved across the channel mix, currently:
- Events – you will support the delivery of our annual Brick Awards with over 600 guests, as well as a small series of case-study based seminars
- Press – you will contribute to the issue of regular press activity, spanning national and local consumer titles as well as leading trade publications
- Publications – you will help to ensure the relaunch of our architecturally-focused Brick Bulletin magazine is a success. There is also the opportunity to support the overhaul of our body of technical knowledge and the publication of sector reports on sustainability
- Website – we recently launched a new website, which is a base from which to build a dynamic hub of information that serves both industry and the public. You will be actively involved in the website’s evolution, the creation of its content and analysis of metrics
- Brand – you will act as a custodian of the brand, ensuring consistency of image and tone across all channels
- Data – as data regulation changes the opportunity for you to contribute to the way in which the BDA collects and uses data will be increasingly important
- Agency management – there will be regular opportunities to take part in creating briefs for agencies across PR, design, audio visual and web development
The successful candidate
We’re looking for a sharp intellect, aptitude for communications and pragmatic attitude. The role requires a high degree of organisation and the ability to be responsive, especially as priorities sometimes change quickly. You will have related experience and a commitment to personal development.
What’s on offer
In addition to a basic salary of £25,000 pa, you will enjoy private medical insurance and access to a contributory pension scheme (after a qualifying period), 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays, and an interest-free season ticket loan. You will be offered ample training, support and mentoring. Based in Fitzrovia, our Central London offices are easily accessible by public transport and surrounded by the capital’s thriving retail and social scene.
If you are excited by this new role we would love to hear from you. For an informal discussion please contact Tom Farmer, Marketing & Communications Manager on 07860 520 273. To apply please email your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be reviewed as received so early applications are encouraged.